Cookies are small amount of data that the website visited sends to the user’s terminal (desktop, tablet, smartphone, notebook), whereby they are stored to be then transferred back to the same websites the next time the user browses them. Cookies are used to perform computer-based authentication, session tracking and storage of information (without the use of “technical” cookies it would be complex or even impossible to perform certain operations). While browsing a website, the user may also receive on his terminal cookies sent by different websites or web servers ("third parties"), that may contain some elements (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds or specific links to pages of others domains) that are present on the website that the user is visiting.
Cookies used by this website can be divided into the following categories:
- Technical cookies
- Analytics cookies
We use analytics cookies managed by third parties (e.g Google Analytics) to collect information regarding our website’s use. These cookies, similar to technical cookies, are processed in aggregate and anonymous form to monitor the areas of the site that are most often used, to improve the website’s contents and to monitor the proper functioning of the website. They also allow to carry out anonymous “cross-device“ analysis in order to offer a consistent user experience on the website across different devices. Analytics cookies also allow to perform analysis that facilitate the use of the website by the user, even in an user experience perspective (e.g Hotjar). These are persistent cookies, as they remain active until the user removes them or until their expiry date. We inform you that you can allow, limit or block cookies at any time by changing the settings of your browser.
- Profiling cookies
Definition and legal references
- Personal Data (or Data): any information regarding a natural person identified or identifiable, also indirectly, through reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
- Usage Data: personal data collected automatically by the Application (or by third parties’ applications). This category includes, for instance: IP Addresses or domain names of computers used by users who connect to the application, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (success, error etc…) the Country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system used by the visitor, the various time details per visit (e.g time spent on each page), details about the path followed within the Application, with a particular reference to the sequence of the pages visited, to the parameters regarding the user’s operating system and his IT environment.
- User: the individual who uses this Application, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Involved, whose Personal Data are subject to treatment.
- Involved: legal or natural person to whom personal data are referred.
- Data Controller (or Controller): The natural person, legal entity, public administration and any other institution, association or agency which, even in collaboration with another owner, are entrusted with decisions on the purposes and modes of processing personal data and on tools to be used, including the safety profile, in relation to the functioning and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the responsible of this Application.
- This Application: the software or hardware tool through which the Users Personal Data are collected.
- Cookies: small amount of data stored in the Users’ device.